- Selected Projects
- Education and skills
- Invited talks
Ten years of experience with design, development, and integration of safety critical embedded systems.
With KTH, Sweden
- Developed an upgraded version of the KTH Research Concept Vehicle (RCV-2.0) to be used as the basis for a completely autonomous vehicle. Technology licensed to a private company.
- Developed Electrical/Electronic (E/E) system architecture for the KTH Research Concept Vehicle (RCV). The RCV platform is the basis for significant research at KTH and a number of its variants are commissioned by field-leading private companies in Sweden, Europe, and USA
- Lead architect and developer of a partially autonomous driving system for a commercial truck. System demonstrated at the Grand Cooperative Driving Challenge, the Netherlands, 2011 and CoAct 2012 Driving demonstration, Sweden 2012.
- Developed a generalized Motion Planning and Control system for robot manipulators moving in the presence of obstacles. Demonstrated on 3 different robot platforms.
- Designed a mobile robotics platform with vision, manipulation and computation capabilities for EU FP7 cognitive robotics project CogX. Platform in use at 6 partner universities.
- Integration engineer for EU FP6 cognitive robotics project CoSy. Assignment involved integrating research output from all project partners into the robotics platform.
With Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., India (M&M is one of India’s largest automobile companies)
- Developed a Common Rail Diesel Engine for a commercial Sports Utility Vehicle, with vehicle integration and emissions engineering to meet Euro IV emission norms. Vehicle was launched in many countries in Europe, Africa, the Americas, Australia and India.
- Developed a highly fault tolerant system to program in-vehicle ECUs at vehicle assembly line. System was used for several years at manufacturing plant during daily vehicle production.
- Developed a hand-held, computer based diagnostic tool to read and resolve faults in vehicle ECUs. Tool was deployed to workshops and service centers across India.
Education and skills
- PhD in Machine Design. KTH, Sweden 2016
- Licentiate in Machine Design. KTH, Sweden 2013
- Master in Systems, Control and Robotics. KTH, Sweden 2010
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering. University of Pune, India 2003
- C/C++, Linux, RTOSes, Matlab/Simulink, a variety of microcontroller platforms, scientific computing tools and scripting languages
- General open source software and computer geek.
- Excellent technical writing and language skills. Fluent in English, Marathi and Hindi. Basic knowledge of Swedish, German, French and Italian.
- Excellent ability to self-teach and work without formal supervision.
- Invited expert and speaker at industrial conferences and educational courses in Europe and USA. See Invited talks
- Represented Sweden in the area of autonomous systems, as part of a Swedish government+industry+academia delegation to explore cooperation with counterparts in Brazil, Nov. 2014, São Paulo
- M&M Product Innovation Award for best business driven product innovation in 2004-2005
- M&M Process Innovation Award for best business driven process innovation in 2005-2006
- M&M Outstanding Job Achievement Award for work on an electric hybrid vehicle displayed at the 8th Auto Expo in New Delhi in 2006
- Best Outgoing Student Award during final year of graduate studies
- Member of Mensa, Sweden
- MF2044 Embedded Systems for Mechatronics, II (Spring 2012, 2013, 2014)
- MF2058 Mechatronics, Advanced Course (2013, 2014)
- MF2063 Embedded Systems Design Project (Autumn 2012)
- MF2042 Embedded Systems for Mechatronics, I (Autumn 2011)
- Adam Lundström (MSc. ongoing) "Finding strategies for running Ada code in real-time on a Linux-based single board computer platform"
- Stefanos Kokogias (MSc. 2015) "Design and implementation of a fault tolerant controller on a prototype vehicle, using an active steering approach"
- Karin Fåhraeus (MSc. 2015) "Enhancement of the development process with software in the loop simulations, An embedded control case study"
- Jonathan Holmström (MSc.2015) "Lane keeping assistance using low-cost satellite aided positioning technology in modern highway navigation"
- Ioannis Tzioumakas (MSc. 2015) "Centralized environment database for vehicles"
- Daniel Eriksson and John-Eric Ericsson (MSc. 2014) "Indoor positioning and localization system with sensor fusion"
- Johan Schagerström (MSc. 2014) "Cow behavior monitoring with motion sensor"
- Johanna Simonsson and Kim Öberg (MSc. 2014) "Power consumption and optimization of an irrigation network"
- Daniel Lind, (MSc. 2014) "Performance evaluation of HTTP servers in embedded systems"
- Emelie Brus, (MSc. ongoing) "Controlling Wifi components from a web interface"
- Gustav Karlsson and Magnus Dormvik (MSc. 2011) "Construction of generic test environment for embedded systems"
- Preparing for the Robo-Taxi: Emerging Technology PerspectivesInvited Expert for Panel Discussion at AUVSI's workshop "The Future of Shared Mobility: Making the Robo-Taxi a Reality"December 3, 2015, Jacksonville, USA
- Testing and Verification for Autonomous DrivingModerated World-Café session at Automotive Tech.ADNov. 17, 2015, Detroit, USA
- The Long Term Vision for Autonomous DrivingModerated Round Table discussion at Automotive Tech.ADNov. 16, 2015, Detroit, USA
- EIT Digital summer school on Cyber-Physical Systems 2015June 23, 2015, Stockholm, Sweden
- EIT Digital summer school on Cyber-Physical Systems 2015June 22, 2015, Stockholm, Sweden
- 1st Brazilian Swedish Workshop in Aeronautics and Defence, Aeronautics Institute of Technology (ITA)November 14, 2014, São Jose dos Campos, Brazil
- The safety-availability tradeoff in autonomous drivingModerated World-Café sessions at Automotive Tech.AD - The road towards autonomous drivingFebruary 27, 2015, Berlin, Germany
- EIT ICT Labs summer school on Cyber-Physical Systems 2014July 04, 2014, Trento, Italy
- EIT ICT Labs summer school on Cyber-Physical Systems 2014July 03, 2014, Trento, Italy
- Embedded Systems II course (MF2044), KTH31 March 2014, Stockholm, Sweden
- ICES Workshop on Architectures for Autonomous MachinesJanuary 14, 2014, KTH, Stockholm, Sweden
- Elektronik i Fordon 2012April 25, 2012, Gothenburg, Sweden